Sunday 13 May 2012

First Week of Work (Internship)

This is the first week of my internship program at my selected company Silverlake Malaysia. It is located at KPGM Tower, which is at Petaling Jaya. This company has a few base offices in Malaysia which mostly located at PJ and KL. Normally I will be working at the main office, KPMG Tower and sometimes will need to go to another office at ss14 which is a smaller office. 

I was working under the department called PMO, stands for Project Manager Officer. The roles and responsibilities of this department is basically handling IT documentation for the clients such as banking companies and airlines companies. Currently the project that is handling by the department is with CIMB bank. Other than documentation this department also will expose to the software that is using to generate solution such as banking system solution for the clients. It is the two software that been helping the company to win many big awards and gain trust in their customers. 

The KPMG Tower office is just located beside One Utama, the shopping centre where I used to visit all the time. This is also one of the reason for choosing here as my intern company. So basically my lunch time will settle at One Utama. It is not cheap to eat at One Utama everyday, therefore I need starting looking a cheap place to eat such as Jusco or the Food Court. However, we usually went to eat together with my colleagues of the department, so is not bad also. 

However there is one thing I am quite surprised when I first came to company on Monday. For my department it was mostly interns like me. There are the senior interns which already working for past few months to train the new interns, and few months later will be our turn to train the another batch of interns when the senior interns will be leaving this company. Honestly I was really surprise and a bit disappointed by knowing this, but I hope my internship at here able to let me learn new things and have a good working experience. 


KPMG Tower, the Silverlake office is located at the 2A floor. 




My new life, new environment and new experience. 


That is all for the brief summary for my first week of working experience. From next week there will be more challenges and more tasks will be assigned to me. I hope that I can handle it well and work well together will my partners in work. All The Best to me! =)


0 comments:

Newer Post Home Older Post