Wednesday 21 July 2010

STRESS!!!


What is Stress?

Stress is the body's reaction to a change that requires a physical, mental or emotional adjustment or response.

Stress can come from any situation or thought that makes you feel frustrated, angry, nervous, or anxious.
Stress is caused by an existing stress-causing factor or "stressor."
Dealing with a serious illness or caring for someone who is can cause a great deal of stress.

Also Known As: distress

( Angela Morrow (2009) 'Stress Defination', About.com (online) (cited 21 July 2010). Available from http://dying.about.com/od/glossary/g/stress.htm> )


My Own definition:


Stress is when a person faced problem or a situation that he or she cannot handle or very difficult to handle, he or she will start to be frustrated, emotional, angry, impatient, moody and so on, that is more likely a stress looks like. 


When a person feel stress, he or she will feel very uneasy, it seems like the whole world are chasing and rushing to him or her. He or she will feel like time is really not enough, sometimes might even lost his/her mind. 


Advantages of Stress: 
  • Sometimes it might help a person to realized his/her responsibilities and start working on what he or she suppose to do. 
  • Maybe it would help a person finish his or her work in time with all the stress and pressure on him/her.
Disadvantages of Stress: 
  • It might raise the heart rate and weaken the immune system of a person dealing with lots of stress. 
  • A person under stress may lead to poor decision making and not able to think logically or consider the consequences of the choices made. 
  • A person with too much of stress could make his or her mind totally blank and may not able to do or finish anything in the end.
  • Too much of stress may lead to bad behaviors such as scolding other people, fighting, self-blaming or even self-torturing. 
  • Overstressed may lead to a person to become GILA as well. 
Therefore it is very important to handle and manage your stress well. 
Each person might have his own way to do that, if you really need some ideas to start with, I would introduce you a website.
Go http://www.google.com and type in "How to manage stress?" or something similar.
As simple as that...

As for me, my way of release stress is to listen to songs (romantic songs and slow songs are my preferred ones), watching some funny video through facebook or youtube (sometimes it's a bit waste of time but that is the way I do), and find someone to talk with. For me I will have my own suitable person to talk with and help to reduce my stress. 

Other than that, you can try to do some exercise, or go out have a walk, have a drink, have some snacks, and so on. It might be useful. 
Don't make yourself too stress and force your idea to come out if you really can't think of anything. You need some rest as your brain need some rest too. 

Again, you need to find your own way to deal with your stress. 
For a lot people including me, my dear, my classmates, my friends, and others who facing a lot of stress in lots of assignments and examinations due to the ending of semester, good luck all the best and try to manage your stress, with the certain stress and put more efforts, we sure can made the best of ourself.  

This is a short message for my dear:

I know these days I've been busy and didn't spend much time with you, I know you have been moody of all the things happened lately, I promised I will do my best to accompany you and solve your problems together with you.
My heart and my love will always stays with you, I love you~ 

Lastly and most importantly, don't give up on yourself and don't lose yourself.
Control your stress but not let the stress control you.

6 comments:

Henry said...

geng de lo~~ ur blog always so many fact and research... pei fu pei fu...

henry definition:

stress is also a phenomena created by lazy students that delay all theirs assignments which in the end, they have to settle all in the same months. causing there high blood pressure, sleepless, fever, "shaveless", and also bankai!!

so overcome the stress for the whole july... and enjoy till the max for our august 1 month holiday!! yuppie!!

Raymond said...

Haha, maybe affected by all the case study assignments liao, so try to implement some to my blog also... =P

Wah thanks for ur nice definition, that is very true in me lor, haha! >.<

and yeah we must enjoy to the max after all these shit!

Synco said...

everything was good until the Bankai word came out~lol...why did a word from bleach pop out?

Raymond said...

Haha FYI william, bankai in our meaning got two, one is 'bangsai' go check it out what is tat means if u dont know, another meaning is rushing our assignments and studies with full power and no sleeping at night until morning...
that's abt it lar~ =P

Boon Yang said...

hehe is my turn to comment even though is abit late la^^

i dont really care wat stress is..

jus care bout how to RELEASE stress

a movie, a nap, a talk with fren or parents^^ is always de best for me =P

n i jus realise 1 thing.. reading tis blog oso can release stress wor! cos i do laugh n enjoying it =P

Raymond said...

Haha, really or not?
thank you thank you...

so i must make sure i always update this blog so that u can release more stress lar, haha! =P

Newer Post Home Older Post